Hut8 Ltd. Is a Bulgarian consultancy company founded in 2016 with offices in Sofia and Brussels that has put together a network of trusted highly-skilled lawyers specialized in the fields of Information and Communication Technology Law and Privacy and IT professionals.
With their unique expertise in ICT, our legal experts regularly advise private companies on legal issues related to: data protection; IT contracts; e-Commerce; e-Marketing; Web2.0 service providers’ liability; Internet content providers’ liability; e-Signatures; digital retention of documents; copyright, trademarks and consumer protection in the field of technology; etc. We have developed significant expertise in the following sectors: communications, IT, banking/financial services, public services, judiciary and corporate compliance in EU.
Our experts specialize in legal analysis of software design, development, and implementation, and related fields; and all-round legal consulting in Administrative and ICT Law on national and EU level.
e-Government & e-Justice
Electronic Identification and Trust Services for Electronic Transactions:
- Legal and IT-related consulting on the use of electronic documents and various types of electronic signatures within the civil and administrative legal relations;
- Legal and IT-related consulting on the relationship between the application of electronic document and trusted services and specific economic sectors’ legislation;
- Legal and IT-related consulting on the compliance of specific technological solutions to the requirements of national and EU legislation.
- Legal consulting to the application of national and EU legislation on electronic identification within civil and administrative legal relations.
- Legal and IT-related consulting on Bulgarian e-Government Act and the secondary legislation for its implementation, incl. in relation to re-engineering and optimization of business processes, development of internal rules and documents as well as a full range of services related to the legal aspects in the design and implementation of electronic administrative services;
- Legal and IT-related consulting on functional analyses regarding the introduction and implementation of e-Government services;
- Legal and IT-related consulting on the relationship between e-Government legislation and the specific sectoral regulations and their application in the development of software applications and/or embedded security technologies and controls access to information and resources.
- Legal and IT-related consulting on the performance of certification statements and proceedings in electronic form, incl. those relating to the implementation of electronic documents and trusted services in the judiciary, re-engineering and optimization of business processes, development of internal rules and documents as well as a full range of services related to the legal aspects in the design and implementation of software applications and/or embedded security technologies and controls access to information and resources for judicial authorities;
- Legal and IT-related consulting on functional analyses regarding the introduction and deployment of software applications and/or embedded security technologies and controls access to information and resources for judicial authorities.
e-Commerce and Information Society Services:
- Legal consulting on the scope of the Bulgarian e-Commerce Act and the respective EU legislation in relation to the requirements of information society services’ providers (direct electronic commerce) and protection of consumers;
- Legal consulting on the implementation of providers/customers’ rights and obligations in the use of electronic means of communication (indirect electronic commerce).
- Legal consulting on the requirements for payment service providers, cross-border payments by electronic means, electronic money;
- Smart contracts legal consulting.
- Legal consulting on software applications’ copyright and preparation of contracts granting rights of use;
- Legal consulting on copyright and related rights on objects of copyright in the online space (music, movies, e-books) and preparation of contracts granting rights of use;
- Legal consulting on the registration of national and EU trademarks;
- Legal consulting on the registration of European patents under the European Patent Convention.
Legal consulting on the preparation of audio-visual advertising content in accordance with national and EU legislation.
- Legal and IT-related consulting on the integration of measures to protect personal data and the right to privacy of users in the design of software applications and/or embedded security technologies and controls access to information and resources;
- Legal and IT-related consulting on drafting privacy policies and instructions for personal data protection for data controllers;
- Legal and IT-related consulting on the preparation of legal documents related to the settlement of the rights of data subjects, incl. policies for the use of websites, policies for using "cookies", etc .;
- Legal and IT-related consulting and preparation of comprehensive compliance programs (Compliance Programmes) on the protection of personal data.
Redesign of legal documents in the field of e-Commerce, data protection, etc. using graphical elements that illustrate the content of the document, the rights and obligations of the addressee and the development of legal relations from the emergence and their development to termination, by creating alternative and available to the general public version of the document that gives a clear picture for the corresponding user rights and obligations that arise for them.
Public Procurement in the IT Sector:
- Full range of consulting services related to the application of the public procurement;
- Structuring of procedures for selection of contractors and complete preparation of tender dossiers, including preparation of technical specifications and assignments, preparation of evaluation methodologies, models of technical and price proposals;
- Consulting on the process of evaluating the applications and offers;
- Consulting on the documentation for participation in the announced procedures for selection of contractors under the Bulgarian Public Procurement Act;
- Consulting on preparation and completion of tenders and requests for participation;
- Consulting on challenging the decisions on open procedures under the Bulgarian Public Procurement Act and decisions for the selection of contractors.
Advice on preparation and implementation of activities within IT and IT-related projects funded through EU financial instruments.
Legal consulting concerning the imposition and contestation of imposed financial corrections.
Provision of any other services, assistance and advice and conducting legal and factual actions assigned in connection with the main services offered by Hut8 Ltd.
Through its experts, Hut8 Ltd has built a strong network of local and international partners in the areas of law, information technologies and security in Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Italy, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey and the UK. Services based on international cooperation are available upon request.
Contact HUT8. Use the form below to get in touch with us.